Sunday, June 14, 2009

Knitting updates

It's been a little while since I've blogged about knitting. I've done a little of this and a little of that. But the biggest difference is that I've knit (almost) three pairs of socks! A while back ago, I told one of my knitting friends that I was not (yet) a sock knitter and that I was hoping that the new book by Cookie A, Sock Innovation would change that. I even broke down and invested in some sock blockers!

The first pattern from the book was Glynis. I loved knitting these socks. The pattern is asymmetrical but still intuitive and quick to memorize. Unfortunately, I didn't get to keep these socks as they were a birthday gift for a friend. (Not the greatest pic but they have since been gifted.)
The next pattern I knit was not a Sock Innovation pattern but still a Cookie A design. The Pomatomus is for the Purl Knit Cafe KAL. I have to be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the pattern but I agreed to do the KAL before the pattern was picked. After the pattern was picked I thought I might be pleasantly surprised and end up liking it. Well - the latter might have been true if I had picked a different yarn. One good thing has come from this...Lynn told me that she liked them well enough - so she'll be the lucky recipient of this pair (when the other sock is done).

And finally! I am MOST excited about the last sock knit! This was my first test knit and I loved it. It was challenging for me as I'm a newbie to sock knitting and I found it a bit intimidating. The end result...I loved it...test knitting and the finished socks! I love the pattern and how the sock design mirrors each other.

The Loretto Sock, designed by Kristi Geraci
more Flickr pics

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of those socks are lovely!!!

Amy said...

Thanks, Leslie! I'm glad I get to keep my favorite sock knit!