Monday, June 14, 2010

Estes Park Wool Market - 2010

This past weekend marked the 20th Annual Estes Park Wool Market.  Unfortunately, it was a wet and soggy weekend so I didn't take the time to see any animals or shows.  I did, however, shop the wool market!  Look at the pretties I found.
EstesPark2010
Lower left-hand corner: Creatively Dyed Yarn - Calypso - Gentle colorway
Remaining pics: Plain & Fancy - Sport - Banboo, Bamboo/Dk Brown, Brown

For the Plain & Fancy, I will be making the Colonnade Shawl by Stephen West.  And I've already started knitting a pair of socks out of the Creatively Dyed.  My first try at 2-at-a-time!
IMG_5081a
(You'd never know they were coming from the same skein of yarn.)

 We've had a lot of precipitation this year and many of our bike paths and pedestrian bridges are flooded from all the rain fall and snow melt.  After the Wool Market, we all headed into town and warmed up at Kind Coffee.  The coffee shop has a little patio along the Big Thompson River (I believe) and it was running fast!  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  The little video clip I shot gives you a better idea of how fast it was running and how loud it was.  All in all, it was a great day, despite the weather, and fun to be in the company of knitters for a day.

No comments: