Thursday, March 4, 2010

Malabrigo March: FO #1 & #2

Though it's Malabrigo March, I always want to call it March Madness.  Can you tell I live with an avid NCAA basketball fan?  One year I made all my picks by the length of the team's name.  I had San Antonio going to the Final Four.  They didn't even make it to the Sweet 16, so needless to say, I didn't get far in the pool...but I digress.  :-)

This is my first year participating in Malabrigo March.  It's intimidating.  In fact, the whole Malabrigo Junkies group, on Ravelry, can be intimidating.  They're very organized and have hard and fast rules regarding their threads and KALs.  I think I've got the hang of it all now.  :-)  And  I'm actually co-leading one of the KALs this year, the Saroyan.  I finished my first two Malabrigo March projects in three days!  The needles have been on fire!  They're small projects but done, none the less.

This is Saroyan by Liz Abinante knit in Malabrigo Alpaca Merino, Velvet Grapes.  Heavenly soft is the best way to describe this knit.  The yarn felt so nice on the hands while I was knitting and the variegation worked out just lovely.  I'm not a fan of knitting scarves at all.  But it didn't even dawn on me, until I was blocking it, that I actually just knit a scarf.  This scarf will be loved and get much use.
IMG_4256_1


The second finished project is the Phoebe Hat.  This is a test knit for a fellow Junkie so I don't have a link for it as  of yet.  This is a shallow beret/slouchy hat knit in Malabrigo Worsted, Brisa.  This hat will be gifted to friend's aunt with cancer.  I hope it fits and she likes the colors.
IMG_4263
Edited to add pattern and author links: The Phoebe Hat by Terri Kruse

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That had jumped out at me on Ravelry in "friend activity." Very cute. I love the scarf/shawl. I recently made the Cedar Leaf Shawlette, which is very similar. You have good taste! :)

Amy said...

I keep good company! Thanks, Leslie!

Alice said...

Beautiful FOs! I especially love your Saroyan. I'm hoping to make one this month but probably closer to the end.

And I didn't realize it was your first Malmarch--welcome you're off to a great start :)

Amy said...

Thank you, Alice. It all seems to be going by so fast and knitting up so quickly. So far, I'm really enjoying MalMarch.